Thursday, October 8, 2009

Went to Národní třída today...

So I had to post today because...

David and I decided to take a little trip to TESCO for some stuff... We got off the Yellow line at Národní třída, where we quickly found TESCO. The last time I was at this TESCO was like two years ago, so I forgot how big and awesome it is. Anyway, on the floor where you buy soaps/shampoos, there's also some alcohol and candies being sold. Well as I'm heading to the shoes section I notice something on my way... there's a sample stand (like the ones in grocery stores) where they were give sample to people to entice them to buy their products. Well, guess what they were sampling?! A-b-s-i-n-t-h-e. Not even kidding right now. They had an awesome display with a cool looking dispenser. I told David to go sample one but we were both like... NA we'll take their word for it that it's a good absinthe...
Ok, so the story is not over yet... Next we went to the bottom level to buy some groceries. As we approach the liquor section we notice that there is another stand... this time for vodka! The whole entire store didn't have one other sample stand that actually had food, only liquor... It's amazing how laid back people are here! In the States someone has a heart attack if a kid/teen even looks at a beer. I haven't observed any problems here with young kids drinking either... Occasionally there will be some 16/17 year olds having a beer in the pub... but not exactly there to get drunk...

Today we got a package from my mom, now we have our Czech dictionary and workbooks! I think I may take a class for Czech too but it wont be for credit since it can't go towards my degree. I will try to get in, most of the classes are already full. I also want to look for an internship, the problem is that I have no idea where? What kind of intership could I apply for?! I have no idea! I will look around and ask, I just want to do something productive and have more to put on my resumes when the time comes...





By the way, if you're reading this Tiffany, Pitbull is HUGE here! lol, It's on MTV (which ACTUALLY plays music here in Europe) like all the time. People really like the dance type music here. Anyway, I know how much you love him so I had to let you know! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment