Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Semester Madness

Things are pretty crazy right now, normally I don't worry so much but this year I've decided I want to do everything early, and let me tell ya, it's hard! I want to be able to have a nice carefree Christmas holiday and travel somewhere in January. I've organized and create some really helpful calendars that are already helping me stay on top of things. As you can see below, the calendars are packed with deadlines for 7 papers, 5 presentations, and 3 exams. I can handle all the exams and presentations but it the papers that just take forever! Today I'm going to work on a 'written presentation' for my European Economic Integration class and a presentation in East Asia Politics (due Monday).

This weekend we are going to Vienna, so I really have to kick my butt into gear. Today is actually a Czech holiday, Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day (Den boje za svobodu a demokracii), so I have no classes. And so you know, Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day is the date commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989. Student demonstrations on 17 November (International Students’ Day) marked the beginning of the end for the communist regime in Czechoslovakia. ;)

I also wanted to update everyone on some things we've done. Even though I didn't get to go with David to see our friend in Montpellier, France, I'm going to show you some of the pictures from his trip. He actually got to go to Barcelona for some days too because that's where his plane went. Then he had to take a bus to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment